Tuesday, September 1, 2015

You know you've become close to your teammates when they can give you open feedback and aren't worried they will hurt your feelings or damage their relationship with you. Noel told me I need to keep these blogs shorter. I get it. Let me try...:)

Today the moments I want to share are a few of the touching reflections the teachers shared at the end of the day and then some of the team reflections we do every night together.

Here are a few from the teachers that clearly show how much the World Vision "spark a child" program benefits the teachers and their students:

"More practice makes perfect. I am learning"
"It was difficult"..and then laughs
"I will try to see if I can do it"- after we gave a teacher a special challenging project because we could see her strong aptitude..
"It is my first time and I am learning. Thank you"
"I am so grateful" (more than one said this)
"I am happy I learned how to use Saterra (software) to teach geography"
"I am happy I learned how to freeze columns, hiding columns, averages, sum and sorting in excel" (more than one said this)
"I liked learning how to make a watermark in MSFT word" (who knew this would be such a popular feature???:)
"I am going to teach this to my students"

A few of my teammates reflections which shows how much we are all getting out of this experience too:

"One of the teachers explained how she has been teaching for 30 years and using a calculator to so Totals, averages, and class ranking. Now she has learned this in excel and how much time this will save her"

"We gave a few teachers a more challenging side project and they started their own team huddle to communicate on how best to solve the problem. On their own they used the 4 C's!"

"Great to hear the teachers saying they are bringing their lessons learned back to their children. This program is so worth it"

"Love being part of this team. It is so much fun to be with you all"

Lastly, Joseph, our scholar from Kenya shared a Lucky Dube song this morning with the students, "Different Colors". He gave a small prologue about how we are all different colors with different backgrounds and yet we are "all one people". Then he added how others had commented to him how close our project group seemed to be with one another and they were shocked we'd only met a short week ago.
It is so true and to hear how much it meant to him as well and to see all the teachers nodding in agreement was incredibly heart warming.

I can't believe we only have 2 more nights together. Sniff sniff.....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment